Posted: May 6, 2020
The City of West Union is seeking dynamic and energetic individual to serve as Director of Economic Development and Marketing. The goal of the WUEDM is to advance the overall economy and image of the city. The Director will build relationships and represent the city with a large range of individuals and groups within the community, business, and in government, both locally and regionally. In addition to cultivating and supporting new and existing businesses, the Director of WUEDM will work across city departments and within the community to improve government/citizen communication and West Union publicity.
The position is a full-time salary position with a competitive wage and benefit package that includes health, dental, vision, Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System (IPERS) participation, vacation and sick time.
- Business and Economic Development
- Drive overall marketing of the city
- Build and maintain relationships with local business owners and managers
- Serve as the information hub and facilitate networking among local businesses and community groups
- Coordinate efforts of regional entities to promote business locations and retention, ensuring adequate and current information is available on business properties and other relevant issues
- Represent the City and advance its interest on relevant regional boards, commissions, and committees
- Develop and manage economic and community initiatives
- Implementation and education to community and businesses on state and federal programs
- Represent the city on regional boards, such as tourism
- Develop and execute new city communications and public relations initiatives
- Manage the city website and social media platforms, including updating content regularly
- Coordinate and manage requirements of Chamber-Mainstreet Iowa
- Work closely with the Fayette County Economic Development Director on key initiatives
The City of West Union is an Equal opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. A full job description is available upon request.
Applications and resumes may be sent to:
City of West Union
Attn: Nick McIntyre
P.O. Box 151
612 Highway 150 South West Union, IA 52175