CHAMBER/MAIN STREET BOARD MEETING
February 23, 2021 – 7:00 a.m.
Present: Lisa Davis, Jason Knox, Jamie Hoey, Tiffany Johansen, Rick Trumm, Tracy Johnson, Mallory Hanson, Chris DeBack (phone)
- Organization/Operations (Recurring)
- Meeting was called to order at 7:09 a.m. by Vice-President Tiffany Johansen.
- Membership/Investment Drive (Recurring)
- Committee members reviewed the letter and offered feedback. Reviewed again at the meeting with a few more small changes. There needs to be two letters- one for a new business memberships and one to renew a membership.
- Included in mailing: level listing (done) and the 2021 seminar listing that the Economic Vitality group is working on that Tiffany will update based on 2020 events we weren’t able to do. Membership Form: need a form to return with information/payment as the ‘ask’ of the letter (Jason will work on this). Listing of Board members (Tiffany will work on this). There doesn’t need to be a stamp on the return envelope.
- Follow-Up Progress for Letters- 45 days after initial mailing, send another letter. 60 days after, Lisa will do a personal visit. Lisa will take a brochure as a touch back point with the personal visit.
- Anniversary Mailing- right now, Lisa will send out any one whose anniversary is up and all businesses without a membership. Then, the mailing will go out to those other businesses based on anniversary.
- Window Clings- Jamie will work with Impact Images on a mockup and cost. WU Chamber Member image/wording.
- Membership Listing- everyone review the listing again please!
- Plan to send out membership letters by March 1st.
- Playing on the Plaza: starting to work on bands
- UTV- need a date!!! Spring, maybe city-to-city and then in the fall – private land?
- Summer Event- Jason and Tiffany have been going to the meetings and they shared a tentative schedule. Jason has 3 bands scheduled for the event. Jamie mentioned that she sent an organization to the Chamber that was interested in doing the 5K. There is a NFV Softball Tournament that day, so Jamie won’t be at the event and we won’t be able to do a softball game or start the 5K up there. Will there be a golf tournament? Design & Business would like to do a historical piece to the event. Budget for the committee is 12k. Would we want to have a raffle or silent auction? Different members of the Promotions Committee are overseeing different activities (Deann- Miss WU; Brianna, 5K; Chris, BBQ). Board is doing Beer Stand/Food/Bloody Mary Station. Members of the Board concerned about the schedule and confusion of events. There is a meeting on March 2nd, which will be used to finalize a schedule and who is doing what. We need to ensure that we are partnering with organizations who are doing certain parts of the event and we supplement and help where possible. This is a Promotions Committee event with Board support, so want to ensure that committee runs it, but keeps the Board in the loop to have them support where needed.
- Building Conversation- Jason was approached again to purchase the building if we ever decide to sell it. There is no urgency but wants to have first option.
- For good of order- none.
Motion by Jamie to adjourn at 8:10 a.m.; Tiffany seconded it; adjourned.
Next meeting – Tuesday, March 9 @ 7 a.m. at the Chamber.
Work Group: will only have these if needed.
Submitted by Jamie Hoey, Secretary
Investing in the community by bringing people together to achieve a support system that seeks to promote business success, downtown revitalization, and a sense of community pride.
Through Community engagement, create a unique and prosperous downtown to enrich the entire business community of West Union and beyond that embraces history, preserves natural environment, and promotes quality events that instills a sense of community pride.