CHAMBER/MAIN STREET BOARD MEETING
April 27, 2021 – 7:00 a.m.
Present: Jamie Hoey, Tiffany Johansen, Garrett Crandall., Chris DeBack (phone), Tracy Johnson (phone), Rick Trumm (later)
Absent: Jason Knox, Kennon Gumm, Mallory Hanson
- Organization/Operations (Recurring)
- Meeting was called to order at 7:10 a.m. by Vice-President Tiffany Johansen.
- Jamie motioned to approve the agenda; Garrett seconded it; approved by all.
- Chris motioned to approve April 2021 various meeting minutes; Garrett seconded it; approved by all.
- Financials next meeting.
- Board Topics (Recurring)
- MSI ShopIowa webinar, 5/19, 1:00pm – Jamie will do. Tiffany or Jason will send info.
- MSI Iowa Retail and Restaurant Trends webinar, 5/12, 1:00pm. Can someone do this?
- Restrooms for events, Summer Fest and Playing on Plaza- never had for Playing on the Plaza, and it hasn’t been an issue. Summer Fest will need it. ~$60. Chris motioned to rent 2 for Summer Fest; Jamie seconded; all approved. Garrett and Tracy will text info to Chris. Promotions Committee will determine which one and where to place them.
- Chamber After 5, 5/17, 5:00pm at Neighborhood Home- reminder
- Notifications of Committee Meetings- reminder to send 24/48 hours early if not normal day/time.
- Notes and Volunteer Hours Reporting- Tiffany sent template. Reminder to send out meeting minutes.
- Form 990 Reporting- no members know about this. Does our tax person do this? Tiffany with check.
- Allocation of funds from cooperative event with Fair Board- this money went to General Fund.
- Membership/Investment Drive (Recurring)
- Letter- still waiting on Jason.
- Follow-Up- need letter
- Director Report (Recurring)
- Director Search Update- Jason spoke with Cathy Harris; Tracy gave a job description; she expressed some interested and will submit a resume if interested. Administrative concerns. He visited with her on the possibility of an interim. We have a few inquiries. On sites, Facebook, etc.
- Main Street (Recurring)
- Accreditation- nothing.
- Action- nothing.
- Reporting- Jason doing.
- Committee Reports- need to determine budgets for various events.
- Promotions (Chris DeBack)- Tiffany checked with insurance and believes it is covered. Next meeting is May 10 at 6 p.m. at the Chamber.
- Design & Business (Jamie Hoey)- no meeting in April.
- Economic Vitality (Jason Knox)- none
- Organization (Garrett Crandall/Rick Trumm)- SXS on Saturday and it was a good turnout- over 200 riders. Great group of people helping. Positive feedback from participants. Gross $2350 and net $1600. Good day with a few lessons learned for next time. 50/50 was good – $200 was our half.
- Ad-Hoc Sparks (Tiffany, Chris, Tracy)- they gave a 6-page introduction for West Union. Off to very good start!
- Ad-Hoc DLO (Rick, Kennon)- none
- Management (Tiffany, Tracy)- none
- Fayette County Economic Development – none
- City- Tracy shared that the geo-thermal shut down. Not sure why. The system has a leak for a year, and it hasn’t been addressed but he notified Dick Woodard. City staff has not found any leaks in the vault, so it could be under the streets, which could be a larger issue. If leaking, it is money from the LLC to replace. . Tracy would recommend that the LLC members meet to discuss the issue and will call a meeting.
- For good of order- NFV kids came down and did the flower beds. They look much better!
Meeting adjourn at 7:33 a.m. with a motion from Jamie seconded by Chris; all approved.
Next meeting: May 11 @ 7 a.m. at the Chamber
Submitted by Jamie Hoey, Secretary
Investing in the community by bringing people together to achieve a support system that seeks to promote business success, downtown revitalization, and a sense of community pride.
Through Community engagement, create a unique and prosperous downtown to enrich the entire business community of West Union and beyond that embraces history, preserves natural environment, and promotes quality events that instills a sense of community pride.