CHAMBER/MAIN STREET BOARD MEETING
November 10th, 2020 – 7:00 a.m.
In Person – 101 North Vine Street
- Organization / Operations [Recurring]
- Call meeting to order
- Approve Agenda
- Rachel Strong – NFV Spark
- Lynn Lauer – Ambassadors
- Organization / Operations CONTINUED [Recurring]
- Approval of October
- Approval of October Forecast of needed revenue
- Board Topics [Recurring]
- Chamber and City Agreement for Director
- Name of Organization for public. West Union Chamber and Main Street or Main Street and Chamber, or?
- West Union Economic Development promotion
- Strategic Planning & Budget Meeting Date – need to choose date
- Building Committee – Vote on this new committee. If approved, elect members.
- SXS Committee. Volunteers offer to operate. If approved, elect members.
- Ex-Officio Members
- Chamber Newsletter on site, last post is 12/2018
- https://www.westunion.com/chamber-volunteer needs to be updated
- Reminder to Committees to include all Board members in communications of meeting times & dates
- Voting via email
- Key policy
- Holiday Business Promotion
- Membership/Investment Drive [Recurring]
- Director Business Visits
- Chamber Benefits – any changes for 2021 and delivering what is offered
- Chamber Benefits Flyer and leave-behind materials
- Calendar Anniversary Membership. Tracking / follow-up process.
- Director Report [Recurring]
- Scheduled office hours
- Business Survey Results
- Details of Punch Card Program
- Newsletter – Distribution process and recent newsletter
- Trail update
- Guest binders
- Board Binders
- Social Media
- Ideas Conference report
- Iowa Leadership Exchange report
- Iowa Creative Places Exchange report
- Free Virtual Business Coaching
- Main Street Iowa Accreditation [Recurring]
- Actions needed
- Committee Reports
- Promotions – Chris DeBack
- Design & Business Improvement-Jamie Hoey
- Economic Vitality-Jason Knox
- Organization-Garrett Crandall / Rick Trumm
- Members for Building Committee – Ad Hoc- Maintain or Sale-Jason Knox/Garrett Crandall/Kennon Gumm
- NFV Sparks – Jamie Hoey/Tiffany Johansen/Chris DeBack
- DLO – Rick Trumm/Kennon Gumm
- Management – Tracy Johnson/Tiffany Johansen
- For Good of Order
NEXT MEETING–December 8th, 2020 AT 7:00 AM
Investing in the community by bringing people together to achieve a support system that seeks to promote business success, downtown revitalization, and a sense of community pride.
Through Community engagement, create a unique and prosperous downtown to enrich the entire business community of West Union and beyond that embraces history, preserves natural environment, and promotes quality events that instills a sense of community pride.