STATUS: Exempt- 40 hours per week
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $35,600 to $40,000 depending upon qualifications
REPORTS TO: City Administrator & Chamber Designee
The City of West Union and the West Union Chamber/Main Street Board is conducting a search for an Executive Director; a dynamic individual who is a proven leader, passionate about their work, and able to support and implement approved decisions. This is a rewarding opportunity to work jointly with a proactive and engaged Board of Directors and City Administrator.
- The Executive Director is expected to be a strong leader, work cooperatively with the Board of Directors, City Administrator/City Council members, volunteers, various external agencies, businesses, individuals and visitors.
- Must be a person of integrity, have high energy and enthusiasm, outstanding work ethic and the ability to function effectively in an independent environment.
- Education and/or experience in one or more of the following: economic development, finance, public relations, business administration, volunteer management, and/or small business development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule. Position requires occasional early morning, night and weekend hours.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form.
- Detail oriented, ability to work independently, and ability to multi-task.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Provide forward moving support to the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a liaison between Committees, City Administrator and Board of Directors.
- Assist City Hall staff during peak times of month or with projects as needed.
- Exhibit a strong focus to ensure membership growth and retention.
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings.
- Prepare and distribute weekly director update.
- Assist with promotion of events and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain the organization’s website and social media portals.
- Develop, implement and coordinate marketing plans to promote chamber members and chamber sponsored events.
- Seek out and write grants.
- Network and collaborate with other communities and organizations for positive relations and mutually beneficial development efforts.
- Highly visible in the West Union Community.
- Other duties include: answer phones and greet visitors, manage script money, communicate important operational matters to the Board of Directors and City Administrator; keep Redtail member database up-to-date, and other duties as assigned.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
The City of West Union is an equal opportunity employer. An individual shall not be denied equal access to employment opportunities because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or disability. Preference is given to veterans per Iowa Code Chapter 35C.
A complete job description can be requested from the West Union City Administrator, please call City Hall at 563-422-3908 or email: WUAdmin@WestUnion.com
To receive full consideration for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and three references to the West Union City Administrator (612 Hwy 150 S, West Union IA 52175). Open until position is filled with a qualified candidate.
There are no employment opportunities available at this time.